Friday, January 20, 2012

Good guy, seeking non-whore.

Dear Gin,

I am a 24 year old single male currently working on my degree in Biomedical Sciences pre-med. Every time I go out to the bar, to campus, or the mall, all I see and meet, are girls that say they are classy, want a nice guy that will treat them right but then, they go and only date douche bags. Therein lies the problem the girls call them selves classy and want a nice guy but when a guy treats them right they will not date them let alone give them the time of day. That would not bother me so much if I did not have to listen to them complain about how there last three boyfriends all cheated on them and treated them like shit. I admit it may just be a college girl age thing, I know there are real women that are classy out there. I just don't understand how after you get burned you would go right back to the same type of guy and expect something different. This is not to mention the girls that really maybe crazy thinking that there perfect guy is Edward from Twilight.  I am really starting to think that something is wrong with today's girls. All that would be only a minor inconvenience if: when I asked girls that I know how i could look, act, do better at dating they did not try to make me into a douche bag, I don't want to be mean or an Asshole to women; I like them and don't want to hurt something I like. I know all the old lines it's because the Assholes and douche bags have confidence and are smooth. Well guess what nice guys are smooth and confident too they just don't come up to in the bar and grab your ass or give you some cheesy line, they ask you to dance or try to have a grounded and real conversation with you.

In short, I have four questions: One, are these girls beyond hope? if not how do we/ I knock some sense into them? Two, how did girls even get this way? and how do we/ I stop it? three were are the actual classy girls that ACTUALLY want a nice guy? and four are there enough dry martinis in the world to drowned out there incessant bitching?...lol 

Sincerely,

Too much crazy for one guy

Dearest Too Much for One Crazy Guy,
First you must know, that being a lady is a lost art. She is not easy to find, but I promise you--she will stand out in a crowd.  There are a few rare ones out there. Don't you give the time of day to any girl, who is going to drone on and on to you about her past boyfriends. Ick. What's wrong with her??--you save those convos for your girlfriends. And yes, there are many girls that like the bad boy, grab the ass at the bar, part vampire--I don't get it. It's totally disgusting. I say stay far away from this type. Which is very hard, because these stupid whores are everywhere. Here are a few quick ways to spot said girl, and run in the opposite direction: she is wearing summer clothes in the fall/winter. This could be tube tops and mini skirts. Also, dressy prom/stripper high heels worn in bars or clubs...or anywhere. Stay away from lucite (google it). A slight shimmer on the face is fine, pounds of glitter is just plain gross. Dancing is also fine, but not booty dancing with two drinks in hand. Check out her purse, is it dirty? I know it sounds superficial, but a dirty purse is a bad sign--don't ask, just trust me. Okay, let's say you can't spot the train wrecks by their outside appearances, you are a straight guy after all, here's the conversations to run from: any mention of ex boyfriends, admitting to being trashed or wasted. The use of the words "trashed" or "wasted." Crying. And really any conversation that she talks about just wanting to find a "nice guy." Any classy girl with any sense wants that, and to say it out loud to a stranger or acquaintance makes her needy and whiney. If you have to "fix" a girl, she is not worth your time. How did these girls get this way? I don't know for sure, but I think it's an overwhelming epidemic. Girls are reading Cosmo and Facebooking when they should be reading Vogue and thumbing through the news. Obsessively watching Twilight, instead of engaging in anything classic or timeless, and dressing down, when it wouldn't kill them to dress it up.
So let's stay you stumble upon this rare breed of woman, what does she expect from you: well, conversations should begin fun, and light. No mention of relationships, being drunk or grabbing of any body parts. Smart girls like you to have something to say, but it better incorporate us in about every other topic. Ask questions, but not too personal, and use her name in the sentence. Because let's be honest, everyone likes talking about themselves--especially women. And if you hit it off and like her--follow up. Great first dates could be dinner, drinks, or even coffee. Give her options, but don't be too vague, with, "we should hang out sometime." Pick a date and location, that is the confidence we like.
Have this confidence and don't ever settle for the girl slamming the fruity drinks, when you could totally get the girl sipping her cocktail.

Cheers,
Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment