Dear Gin,
I really love my sister. But since my mom had a stroke, I took a motherly role and do everything for my sister. I feel like she runs over me--how do I still be there for her without being a pushover.
Sincerely,
Misused
Dearest Misused,
You know this one hits close to home, as I too have a similar situation with my sister... we'll call "Tonic." Sisters should stick together like a top shelf Gin and Tonic-- a power couple that goes together so well! But if you are more of the "gin" in the family, keep on doing what you are doing, but let the world know, without you, she's just tonic-- and why would anyone ever drink just tonic?! They wouldn't--that's totally sick. So how do you let her know people could easily slap down a fi'ty for a bottle of you, and she cost about a dollar nineteen? Help her out, but send her ass a bill.
Perfecting the perfect drink isn't easy, but it's absolutely worth the effort, and should never be given up on. Just get the proportions right, not too much gin, but not too little. No one likes a weak cocktail.
Cheers,
Gin!
No comments:
Post a Comment